Roth's Plate VIII.--Animals: Crustacea and Insects. Plants
- Crab. Cape Bedford.
- Four shrimps, each square indicative of a crustacean. Princess Charlotte Bay.
- Honey: the cells of the comb. Cape Bedford. N.B.—This figure has other meanings: e.g., the squares represent the: (1) Scales of crocodile. (Middle) Palmer River. of iguana, Night Island, Burketown. (2) Lobes of fat, bandicoot. (Lower) Palmer River.
- Wasps' nest. Burketown. See also Pl. XII, 8.
- Hornets' nest (drawn on the flat). Princess Charlotte Bay.
- Hollow log: symbolic of the honey inside it. Princess Charlotte Bay.
- Tree: with woman (thumb) hiding below. Princess Charlotte Bay.
- Palm-tree: with man (toe) hiding below. Princess Charlotte Bay (at Night Island this figure represents a woman with out-stretched arms and legs).